Thursday, August 05, 2010

2315 k st is a go!


sugar plum vegan, originally uploaded by neverfeltbetter.
well, it's official. i put the deposit and rent down on the k st. space. me and my good friend and girl friday elisabeth went to meet with melissa for paperwork business, and to take some notes on what we need to transform the space. it was nice to have a fresh set of eyes and we came up with some great solutions to maximize the floor selling space.

afterwards, we went to go browse paint chips for color ideas. lucky for me i am being gifted primer (which we need tons of!) and most of the painting supplies. we begin this weekend! wut!

as far as vendors, i am 88% done with all my invoices. a few more tee sellers and the dishware gal are out but i finished up my supply shopping for things such as bags, price guns etc. i have fixtures and tables on tap, so that will happen more mid-month when everything is painted and dried. it's SO EXCITING! the good news is spreading...every time i go in to the cafe someone asks me if i am "that jen" while pointing upstairs LOL and yes, i am THAT JEN.

i had a dream last night that i was working alone, it was swamped, my register was jamming and some chick came in and bought most of my stock LOL. but then at the same time elisabeth had a less anxiety-riddled dream of serene shoppers and a cute couch and the painting touches she was wanting to try. i am going to focus on hers! my anxiety is at an all time high, people...but i suppose it's a good anxiety?

nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile!