Wednesday, June 30, 2010

*life's a garden. dig it!*


garden, originally uploaded by neverfeltbetter.
lessons learned from this years gardening adventures:

*get a backhoe and dig up your grassy yard. kiss that wasteful water hog bye-bye. if you wish, get a rain barrel for when the infrastructure breaks down and you have no running water.

*triple your efforts and grow many more plants, different varieties and don't shy away from more uncommon types of vegetables and grains. a couple of each kind IS NOT ENOUGH, plain and simple. i am talkin' you need rows and rows full of what you need.

*learn to can and your family will never starve during the apocalypse or just a harsh snowed-in winter with no electricity.

supporting and feeding my family aside, an ideal backyard for me would be half garden deluxe, and the other half would be a in-ground saltwater lap pool. maybe a gazebo with the hot tub would round out my garden shangri-la. mmmmmm. even thinking about it makes me smile, relaxed, calm. it's my happy place.

i feel i will be going here in my mind quite a bit over the next few months. every waking moment i am trying to project positive thinking about opening our vegan business...trying to believe in myself as much as others around me do so i don't let anyone down. i want to do right for the animals, my family...my mom. i feel like i am going from 0 to 60 and i haven't even qualified for the race! yikes!

and it's only wednesday! let's see what the rest of the week will bring. :)